Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Pilgrim.

As I traveled, I carried my burdens and my treasure in much the same way.  It was often hard to tell which was which. They occupied all my efforts and both of my arms.  When I came to the place of the Lord, that place previously dismissed and rejected, I found that this time I was enticed to enter.  The gate was so narrow that I could not fit through with all that I carried.  Reluctantly, I laid down my treasures to enter.  Once inside I found myself overwhelmed by the fruits and the flowers of his grace.  So sweet and so plentiful.  I ached to gather them all up in my arms.  In doing so I released my burdens as well.  As I focused on the goodness of Christ himself, I forgot my burdens, I forgot my treasures and blissfully, I forgot myself.  I received Christ fully and I was made new.

Fool that I am, I still pick up a shiny jewel or return to my burdens.  When I do I lose my grip on Christ.  But His patience is eternal and we waits for me again and again with open arms when I find my way back to him.  Someday his peace will be all that I know...someday.

1 comment:

  1. I pray that someday will be sooner rather than later. For all of us. I love you

    ReplyDelete