Sunday, February 12, 2017

In my room.

John 14


“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?"

In my Father's house he has kept a room for me.  Though that room has always been there for me, there was a time, there was a chance when it looked like it would remain empty forever.  I might have never seen it, occupy it and live in it, with him in his house.  

But he is a good Father and he wants me there.  He has given me every opportunity to claim it.  By his Grace, I did claim it.  I haven't seen my room, but I imagine it.  I don't think much about what it looks like, but what it feels like.  I imagine waking up there in the excitement of his voice, and the peace of his touch.  
My Father has given me a gift.  It is mine, but he keeps it for me.  He keeps it there in my room.  In a beautiful chest glows my eternal salvation.  It is a treasure that will never decay.  

"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

This is not a treasure I can work for or earn, but if I believe it is there. If I believe my Father is good, it will change me from the inside out. My salvation is waiting for me and protected by my Father, protected by the Promise of Christ and made possible by his Life, Death and Resurrection. Though I cannot work for it, if I believe it is real I must work towards it: seeking his justice, his mercy and telling the world of his great love. And though I am troubled by this world, I can live in the joy that is set before me in my room.

"3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”








1 comment:

  1. We are but a vapor here, all just passing thru. I look forward to being home with Jesus. Fills me with intense longing.

    ReplyDelete