Monday, September 21, 2015

GO!

As I was praying tonight, struggling to pray for what God wanted me to pray for.  It began to sink in that I don't really know God, not as well as I suggest I do.  Whatever understanding I have of him now, true as it may be, it pails in comparison to all he really is. Then I was reminded of that scene in a zillion movies, at the climactic moment when one guy rushes up to another and says, "Go tell so and so, such and such." There is minimal information, but the situation is colossally important, like maybe the bad Transformers (Decepticons) weakness is in their power train warranty or something.  Any way it's urgent and dangerous and the receiver of the new information has to decide if he is going to carry on the message.  He looks at the other guy, short of breath and deadly serious.  Will he trust him, Will he believe, Will he sacrifice his own safety to deliver the message?   There's no time get the full story, to vet the information, it's do or die. 

Though Christ has given me very little details, he has given me important information, life saving, and asked me to pass it on.  Do I believe him? Do I trust him? Will I sacrifice my own safety? 
Lord my prayer is that I can deliver the good news you have given me to the ears of those desperate to here it.  We don't get to know everything, but the important things have been made abundantly clear. 


You need a savior, GOD is that savior, he loves you...give yourself to him and do his will.

3 comments:

  1. I like seeing the contrast between your last post and this one. The Spirit simplifies and boils everything down to the most imporant elements. There's a sudden clarity in these words. It's so cool to see that happening.

    ReplyDelete